Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-06, 04:26 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default QK or JQsuited when someone go all-in

that situations, comes many times, had QKsuitde or QJ or KJ, and 1 or many goes all in, I dont know - dealer maybe love me, but I call with that and particuly win.

Last situation.

me QKd

i raise 3x , 1 play - all-in, 2 player all-in, (botth got a little smaller stack than me) and i decide call
1 have - AK,
2 have - JJ

flop 56Q , turn 2 , river K

me win, with poorest preflop hand, and thats not the first time
Old 07-20-06, 07:56 AM
Bust

Default The luck of the draw

Yep that's happen to me often, but this is only luck. If your lucky the poorest hand and call "ALL IN" this will work some of the time but not all of the time. So watch for those hands, you just might get put out fast with this kind of hand in a tourney.

See u at the table...
Old 07-20-06, 08:09 AM

BBP Points: 103

I've read an article about a college research project that analyzed millions of poker hands and gave smaller hands like QJ and J10 more power than they are traditionally given. According to their research, these hands are much more likely to pull straights and win more often than KQ.

Personally, I'm not sure I buy in to their conclusion; I suspect that there's something wrong with their analysis. But it does support your assertion here, FlachLV.
Old 07-21-06, 10:55 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

There conclusions are correct, because with QJ the only straights your hitting is when the flops hit either 8910, 910K, 10KA, there are only 3 situations that happen to allow QJ to make a straight. But with J10, the straights happen when the flop hits 789, 89Q, 9QK, KQA, there is 4 situations that happen to allow 10j to make its straight, and thereby giving 10j a better statistic value of hitting a straight better than QJ. But to understand how J10 is gonna beat KQ more than its fair share is just not gonna happen.

-Drago

To the End!
Old 07-30-06, 05:57 AM
Bubble

The hand I most want to hold when up against AA with a chance to crack them is JT.

I dont overvalue hands like QJ or KQ suited or unsuited. I throw them away if there is a raise and reraise ahead of me.. Too many times Ive been outkicked by AK or AQ. Usually, your hand winds up being the second best hand be it a str8 or flush. I consider them trap hands. Ideally I would rather pair the lower card then the higher card. When I play these hands I play them from late middle and late position or from the blinds.

In your AK vs JJ scenario you are only a slight dog to the pocket pair. Its a coinflip. If I can put you on AK and have any pocket pair (even ducks) and I am against only one opponent and Im short stacked Ill opt for the coin flip as the pair should hold up more then 50% of the time over the AK.. Chris Ferguson's strategy I might add.
Old 07-30-06, 08:18 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 40

I think a lot of this answer is about what risks you are willing to take, depending on your chip stack, your position, whether you think the raises or all-ins are legit. If you've had the opportunity to study your opponent's style, that should help you make the decision. Have they been bullying everybody, and not had to show their cards? Have the cards really been falling for them and they've had great hands in a showdown? The worst situation for this, I find, is in a big tournament when you're being bounced around from table to table and don't have a chance to get a read on the other player(s). I tend to be conservative, unless I have one of my feelings....

And you know what happens then!
Old 09-20-06, 09:41 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 20

Freerolls player will go in with junk just to try to outdraw people. It happens all day in freerolls. If I have a huge chip stack I will occasionally make some loose calls all in but I definitely need some paint cards. Suited connectors make the call that much more easier.
Old 10-29-06, 07:48 AM
Bust

i normally will go all in with 2 face cards but it also depends on how far into the game i am and how big blinds are and how much money i have, depends on the player, if its someone with TOO much money i am more likely than the guy with a little less than me. There is alot that goes into me deciding what to do....
Old 10-29-06, 10:13 AM
Bust

nice luck lol, is very hard to call and even win a hand whit KQ QJ KJ if some one go all in is very possible that if you call you will be against AK AQ and sometimes AJ or a pocket, if you see the odds is you will probably lose, so say thanks for winning many times whit those hands but think twice next time gl and hope you keep making the right desiccions,
flaq
Old 11-02-06, 04:43 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

it really depends, what stage of tourney is, and how that tourney looks like..

but QK, and QJ are weak hands for calling allins on strong table.. first i examine what can i get from those hands..

if i call someone's allin with QK, and i note that player as solid.. the only scenario where i have little less than 50% chances is that i'm against pocket pair lower than queens (jacks and above).. that can be an option if he is holding (JJ,1010 or 99 - the other pocket pairs are too weak for strong player to go allin).

if i'm against hands like AK or AQ (both of them have me dominated and i'm only about 30%), against AJ or A10 (less likely) i have about 40%.. and i have coin flips against ace-rags or little more than coin flips against any other random hand (but in solid tournaments i'll exclude hands like 27off that people love to go allins with). against higher pocket pairs (QQ - best solution, i have some chances, not much but i have 3 kings from deck.. against KK or AA i'm waiting for str8 to come)

i can call allin with KQ or move with them only in late stages of tourneys when i'm short-stacked with huge blinds, or when short stack is making a move if my stack is 4times or more bigger than his, i will call him..