Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-06, 10:44 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 22
Default What would you do here?

Ok, this is from a book (wont say which one - so if you have read it before, dont look it up. Post first, then look it up).

"You have a in middle position. Two players limp, and you limp. The button lims, the small blind calls, and the big blind checks (6 small bets). The flop is and , giving you top pair. The small blind bets, the big blind calls, and the first limper raises. The next limper folds (10 small bets). What should you do?"

Anxious to hear your alls take.
Old 07-13-06, 11:32 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 0

I'm assuming this is Limit, b/c your referring to them as bets, and your not indicating how much the bets are. But anywayy..

I'm aggressive when I've made top pair on the flop that also shows a flush and straight draw. I'd re-raise here to push out the button, and hopefully the SB, and BB. They are all probably on draws. But the first limper I'm scared of. He could have a better Ace then you, or even 2 pair. But since there was a bet, a call, and he re-raised....if i then re-raise, it screams I have a set, and dont mess with me. The first limper will probably call, but maybe you can get him to fold when you bet on both the turn and river.
Old 07-13-06, 12:51 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriptreysNJ
I'm assuming this is Limit, b/c your referring to them as bets, and your not indicating how much the bets are. But anywayy..

I'm aggressive when I've made top pair on the flop that also shows a flush and straight draw. I'd re-raise here to push out the button, and hopefully the SB, and BB. They are all probably on draws. But the first limper I'm scared of. He could have a better Ace then you, or even 2 pair. But since there was a bet, a call, and he re-raised....if i then re-raise, it screams I have a set, and dont mess with me. The first limper will probably call, but maybe you can get him to fold when you bet on both the turn and river.

Couldnt have said it better
Old 07-13-06, 03:12 PM

BBP Points: 103

I thought of my strategy before I read Trip's post, but I agree with it. I would definately go agressive in the betting to put the blinds out, then deal with the limp raiser. I also agree that it sounds like limit, and if that was the case, there's a "limit" on how much I could lose, whether low limit or pot limit.

This hand has a lot of outs, so I would consider it worth playing agressive, even though the 7 is a weak kicker. It's possible that if it went to an AA showdown, the seven would be immaterial because the cards on the board already beat it, and they would probably become my hand. My big worry would be whether the opponent has AK or AQ, because those cards would dominate the board.

Trip, I don't see the flush draw that you mentioned. Is it possible that you saw the as a ?
Old 07-14-06, 07:01 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytspeed
Trip, I don't see the flush draw that you mentioned. Is it possible that you saw the as a ?

No, the flops comes having 2 diamonds. the Ace, and ten. possible flush draw. and the Ten, Nine, is a possible straight draw.
Old 07-15-06, 03:07 PM
Bubble

Yeah have to watch out for those, so eithier probaly bet big and see whos trying to pick up the extra card or play slow and have good chance of losing.. Its a tuff call really just have to be at table and see how fast they are betting and what not..
Old 07-15-06, 06:52 PM
Banned

i say fold not worth it with such a small kicker
Old 07-15-06, 09:25 PM
Short Stack

I fold. While limit is a game where you usually get decent pot odds, it seems like there are too many ways to lose this hand vs. ways to win it. And there are two more rounds of betting, so staying in and not winning could get expensive.
Old 07-15-06, 11:45 PM
Bust

I play very conservative and I would definitly have to fold this hand. Higher Kicker flush/straight draws... Youe would definitly see me running for the hills after this flop.
Old 07-16-06, 04:33 AM
Bust

I read this in a book from a book by David Sklansky, and Mason Malmuth. Since the OP hasn't answered it yet, I will post what they had to say. (I just read it recently!)

They say:

FOLD. You have top pair with a weak kicker and no redraws. Either the bettor or the raiser could already have you beaten, perhaps with an ace with a better kicker (What I was thinking), or Aces up. If that is the case, then your drawing dead and you would have to catch a 7 to have any chance to win. Even if you do have the best hand, you are still in bad shape. Any card eight or higher counterfeits your kicker, leaving you no better than tied against any other ace. Furthermore, the three high cards and two-flush are very dangerous. This typ of board makes it easy for someone to make a flush, straight, or two pair by the river. If you are behind, you are drawing almost dead. If you are ahead, you will often be outdrawn and usually just tie when you are not outdrawn. The pot is not very large. This is a clear fold.

That was typed straight from the book.

Me personally, I am worried about that first limper. I would be throwing this one as well.