Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-06, 05:23 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default JJ, what to do

What approach would you take in playing JJ preflop, and postflop. I'm curious because JJ in any cash game or tourney is a difficult hand to judge for me. It's not as simple as raising preflop and laying down to a bet with a Ace out there. I will post later with my theory on this hand.

LMK,
Dan
Old 07-09-06, 05:35 PM
Bust

what i would is raise preflop. When you get a pretty decent hand like JJ you have to play a little more agressive.
Old 07-09-06, 05:41 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 2

for me JJ is a verry bad card..i can;t stand it..you must play perfect against good players to win with that hand...i play it agressive...a big raise preflop..like 4*bb,,,i continue agresive if the flop does not contain A Q or K...if contains i probably check
Old 07-10-06, 06:48 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 40

JJ always seem to let me down. I've played them every way--conservative and aggressive and everywhere in between. They let me down in the PokerStars tourney on Saturday. I had JJ, and a J showed up on the flop. I bet aggressivley, and my opponent stayed in. I thought she was chasing a straight. I went all in thinking my trip jacks were good. Turned out she made a full house I can't remember how, exactly. It's all a blur to me now. So I'm never too excited about pocket Js unless it's heads up.
Old 07-10-06, 11:24 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

This is all for JJ in a 9/10 handed NLHE game

I would throw away JJ in early postion and then open it up for about 4 to 5 times the big blind depending on the table. If someone else has opened ahead of me I would raise if he was a looser player to try to isolate him because my hand is probaly better than his. I would muck them for a tighter player and for an average player I would call if I could out play him after the flop other wise I would throw them away.

Then after the flop it would all depend on what situation I was in but I would usually put a prob bet out there to see where Im at.
Old 07-11-06, 07:16 AM
Champion

Jacks are mainly a raising hand for me, in any position. I think of them as a great starting hand....only 3 others beat it PF. So I'll always make an open raise with them to try and narrow the field to one caller...b/c jacks tend to get out-flopped.
Old 07-09-06, 05:40 PM

BBP Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by abpost
What approach would you take in playing JJ preflop, and postflop. I'm curious because JJ in any cash game or tourney is a difficult hand to judge for me. It's not as simple as raising preflop and laying down to a bet with a Ace out there. I will post later with my theory on this hand.

Hi Dan,

I would call or check, depending on my position. If someone else raised, I would probably call, depending on that player's history in the game. If it was late in the game, and there were only a few people at the final table, I would raise.

It's all relative, and you're right. That is a tough hand to call. It's easy for it to be beaten, because people will hang on to aces and kings (and even queens) until the flop. All it takes is one face card on the flop, turn, or river to match up with one in someone's hand, and your jacks are toast.
Old 07-16-06, 04:07 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

very tough hand.. it depends of the game i'm playing, position and who i had against me.. if i'm in early position i would do a decent raise (talking about tournament play) 3-4 BB.. if i'm reraised, it really depends,.. sometimes i'll move sometimes i'll call (depends of a player) - if reraise is called by someone else before me, i'll fold for sure., if i'm called with no overcards on flop, i'll bet agressively.. if there is overcard on a flop i'll usually fold to big bets.
Old 07-20-06, 04:20 AM
Bust

I'am never raising preflop with JJ, because, when someone call, of course with normal hand, so they must hawe AK or something, so and if in flop comes A, 80% of situations I folded , if they raise the bet.

JJ for me is a 50/50 hand, not bad for all in , preflop, and not to good for raising
Old 07-20-06, 08:01 AM
Bust

Default pocket JJ

I agree this hand is hard to judge. This would depend on my position, but would probably raise pre-flop with pocket JJ. Depending on reraise and again my position and the flop of course I would try to play these babies aggressive so I can narrow the field down to one on one. This will definitely help to win with this kind of hand. But yeah, if AKQ floppes, you're in trouble, don't be affraid to fold these if the cards are just not on your side...