Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > World Series of Poker
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-06, 04:18 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Ivey, The WSOP Wizard!

I know, I know.....he doesn't have all the bracelets that lets say a hellmuth has. Still Ivey is sick.

Already has cashed in 3 tournys in the 2006 tourny.

Anyone else an Ivey fan? I think he is currently the best alive. That story of him taking 15+ Million from that billionaire heads up did it for me.
Old 07-02-06, 06:43 PM
Short Stack

Ivey has a lot of bracelets (5). Not as many as Hellmuth (9), but I suspect he has played far fewer tournaments, plus one could certainly argue that many of Hellmuth's were achieved against smaller fields thany Ivey's.
Old 07-03-06, 03:38 PM
Bust

Good Point, Hellmuth is often heckled by fellow players because some of his bracelets were won in like tournys with less than 200 people. Some probably less than 100.

Ivey was doing well in the limit game last night, wonder when it starts back up today.
Old 07-05-06, 05:50 AM
Bust

What sites have the best "live" coverage of the WSOP? Can some of you post your best links so we can follow the action?
Old 07-05-06, 09:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

There is only one site that has "live" coverage of the WSOP. Cardplayer has the exclusive rights to live updates. You can get chip counts from PokerWire .
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 07-05-06, 02:29 PM
Banned

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-06-06, 01:36 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpo0geo
Good Point, Hellmuth is often heckled by fellow players because some of his bracelets were won in like tournys with less than 200 people. Some probably less than 100.

Thats true that the fields were smaller than today but you also have to remeber that the player in the tournaments where alot better than they are today. Although I do think that Ivey is a better all around poker player than Hellmuth who mostly plays Holdem
Old 07-08-06, 09:15 PM
gooder

BBP Points:

Ivey is my hero!!! LOL i wana be just like him. He is always calm and has no aperant tells. He reads ppl like a book and takes his aponents to school and teches them the game.
My new second favorite is that guy from Montreal Canada i forget gis name but he was at the final table at the Monte Carlo Tournement on T.V. I like him because he is a Canadian like me AND he has a good sence of humor and right when he sat at the table he was making fun of how there was an article about the guys with long hair being woman and the best woman poker players. That man has Ball. ( He got ONIONS!!!)
But Ivey is #1
Old 07-27-06, 10:15 PM
Bust

Send a message via Yahoo to Amina49

I acknowledge I'm a Phil Ivey fiend
Phil's been playing for a relatively short period of time compared to Phil Hellmuth, and I have no doubt Ivey will get to 10 bracelets and hopefully beyond.
Did any of you see the game when Ivey asked Kenna James if he was wearing a rug? I thought that was hilarious, didn't know Phil had it in him. Then Kenna James tugged on his hair and looked at Phil like "see it's real"
Classic!
Old 07-29-06, 04:22 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 10

ivey and hellmuth are totally different types of poker players so no one should compare/contrast them. overall they are great/amazing players with opposite styles to the game