Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-06, 12:51 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 0

There is no way that you could have folded at anytime. You were the chip leader and you were not bullying at all. It was his fault that he called with a pair of eights. He is the idiot that is playing like a donk. Not you.
Old 07-08-06, 05:57 AM
Bust

obviously your not the SB as he's betting first ..... so the SB's 50 chips is in the pot as well... makin pot 250 on flop....

you callin 200 bet is fine.... you've got an overcard with the nut flush draw...
(just enough too see another card at that price)

pot is now 650... you callin 300 on turn is fine as well as you now have the same outs... plus another 3 with the gutshot str8 draw...(15 total with ELEVEN of them giving you the nuts.... this is key... and worth putting in say the extra 50 chips over what the pot odds would dictate

on river you hit the nuts... now unless he had somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1000 chips or less... he's gotta fold when you go allin...

he's gotta put you on somethin better than 8s for God's sake... (even the jack that flopped.... let alone 2 pair or trips or ........ the flush

he made the mistake of not protecting his pair by bettin more on flop and turn.... and a crucial mistake of callin your allin bet....

other than perhaps raising on the flop or turn to try and take the pot there and then...(which is OK not to do as well) ..... you played it perfectly fine.

Last edited by Gotdanuts : 07-08-06 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-09-06, 05:23 PM
Bust

to my point of view. you played perfectly fine. he was the donkey to have not seen what was coming. If he raises and you call TWICE, i would've forseen you chasing that flush draw. What makes it worse is that he calls the all in. GOOD JOB on taking the donkey out.
Old 07-20-06, 08:16 AM
Bust

Default Good play

your not a donk, I think he was the donk here. You played this hand exactly how you should have. If I was chip leader and had a flush draw, you can afford to push and you did. So I think you made the right call. It's funny how a lot of players out there are just sore loosers, actually i'm amazed at how many times I was called a rat, fish, donkey when I am the chip leader in a tourney. So don't worry about people calling you names in chat, I just ignore them...
Old 07-21-06, 10:34 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

Definitly not the donk. You had so much bloody chips that it didnt even really matter about pot odds to much there. and on the turn it was an alright call, but not a great call. The turn he didnt even see that strong anymore so the call was a must. With over 25k chips and hes only betting 300 lol. Seemed kinda week to me. I mean if he pushed all in on the turn and you called. I could understand him throwing a fit, but your making it seem like you had a 6-7/1 chip lead on this guy. Definitly not going to get a stack of over 25k out of a pot with a bet of 300 chips for a chance at the nuts with the outs you had. Good job and nice hit.

-Drago

To the End!
Old 08-02-06, 12:11 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 52

nah I think you played it correctly. You were on a draw and just called bets hoping to hit it and you did. Besdies you were chip leader so you didn't have to commit to the hand too much.
Old 09-20-06, 09:38 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 20

Well even if he pushed all in with the amount of chips you had compared to him it would've been a pretty easy call on your part on the flop. You did everything right. The only way out of losing that pot for him was for you to miss but many players can't put down a pocket pair regardless what it is. I know it's stupid but a player with deuces would've still been in there trying to make a bluff. It's not stupid but it is more funny that a player would do that.
Old 09-21-06, 04:59 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 91

Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me. You played the hand like anyone who knows what their doing would. Some people are just bad players and really bad sports.
Old 09-26-06, 10:25 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 10

i think you played the hand perfect for the situation you were given. first of all you flop a flush draw, then u turn a gutshot strait draw, and also you have 25k in chip to call like 700 on plenty of outs being your flush or the 10 and maby an ace. so i see nothing wrong with any play you made, i personally think it was the other players weak betting that made you chase your 2 draws. You had the nuts flush draw on the flop, i will call down every time predicting the opposing player doesnt bet sky high.
Old 09-27-06, 10:20 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 22

You gotta love being called a donk by someone who played the hand like a donk!

Where did the term "donkey" come from? Does anyone know? Why "donkey" and not some other animal? Or am I missing something,,, cause I really dont know!