Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Professional Poker Players
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-06, 06:35 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Who is your favourite poker legend?

Mine is the Texas Dolly ĎDoyle Bronsoní. I love him because poker was his destiny. Originally headed for a career in the NBA, Doyleís basketball dreams were halted when he snapped his knee and as fate would have it turned to poker to satisfy his competitive nature and ended up winning the very fist World Poker Championship. Tens full of deuces.
Old 06-26-06, 08:38 AM
Banned

Doyle is the one and only.
Old 07-01-06, 09:04 AM
Bust

This maybe a runaway in the voting. Definitely would be Doyle Brunson. His contributions to poker are why poker is what it is today. He also has a very gracious winner which is nice to see when most of the television exposure focuses on the loud mouths.

And the most important thing about Doyle is that he was generous enough to share all of his knowledge with the book "Super System".
Old 07-01-06, 11:43 AM
Bust

My favorite player is Sam Farha. He is so unpredictable you can see no one like to play a pot with him. He calls so many hands prefolp, he is bound to hit some. I would have to guess overall in tourny play he goes out earlier than most because of this as well.
Old 07-09-06, 01:41 PM
Bust

Default Helmuth and Matuso

I think they are both fun 2 watch because they are both comical. They get a game interesting instead just watching people sit there and stare at each other and not talk I think that is boring!
Old 07-09-06, 02:27 PM
Bust

My favourite poker player is Phil Helmuth.
I like his gamestyle, and he, in my opinion, is the best on poker!
Old 07-21-06, 11:48 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

I have a couple of favourites to watch. I love to watch Gus Hanson, just because hes Gus Hanson. He can turn any two cards into a peice of art and i will admitt he gets very lucky, but he takes chances and plays smart too. My top two favourite guys i would have to saw would go to Johnny Chan and Howard Lederer.

Johnny Chan, who doesnt like that man? I mean he wins back to back main events and then goes runner up? That shows skill right there, and after watching the movie "Rounders" I've always loved him.

Howard Lederer i just love ihs style, its nice and clean and agressive. And hes always so calm, so nice, and so friendly. If he takes a bad beat he just smiles and nods his head and goes right back into the game. Hes got a lof of class which i've seen not a lot of the new players having these days. So my vote goes for those two guys.

-Drago

To the End!
Old 09-20-06, 09:32 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 20

I don't see any poker players as being a legend just my opinion. It is just the luck of hitting flops and making the right moves at the time. Anybody can win with pocket aces but its how consistant on when to holdem and when to foldem. We all think we are the best poker player regardless who we are playing. If we didn't think this than there would be no sense in trying. Everyone is human and anybody can get dealt a good hand. It's just how you play it.
Old 09-24-06, 07:27 AM
Bust

I like how play Johnny Chan, it's a smart player and he read most of the time adversary card, i think, that is my sensation

Last edited by BBP Guru : 09-24-06 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Quotes not required
Old 10-02-06, 09:12 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via AIM to Southern Yankee Send a message via MSN to Southern Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to Southern Yankee Send a message via Skypeô to Southern Yankee
Thumbs up Poker Legends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmooth8 View Post
I don't see any poker players as being a legend just my opinion. It is just the luck of hitting flops and making the right moves at the time. Anybody can win with pocket aces but its how consistant on when to holdem and when to foldem. We all think we are the best poker player regardless who we are playing. If we didn't think this than there would be no sense in trying. Everyone is human and anybody can get dealt a good hand. It's just how you play it.
I am in full agreement with you. How you play it is the key. You can have a great pocket and be a loser or a lousy pocket and be a winner. The flop and play are the main factors for the win.