Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-06, 10:25 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default I need some help with this hand, please.

20. S&G and I have exactly 10 times the BB with $2000. It's down to 37 players (18 make the $) and I'm on the big blind with A-Ks.

Everyone folds to the button, a super stack who was been very aggressive. He raises to $800 and the SB who had been fairly tight re- raises to $2000. His stack is not that large either and he could easly be challenging the aggressive guy with A-J.

I feel I've got the aggressive guy beat and feel it's a crap shoot with the rerasing SB. I'm gonna get 2 to 1 on my money when the aggressive guy calls so I call partly because I'm getting short stacked and this could be a good. My question is: Given my stack size and my read on the situation should I have folded when the SB reraised the big stack. Was it a judgement call or was my call an inherently bad one given EV and stuff like that?
Old 06-09-06, 01:56 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

The first thing you have to remeber is that it is never good to call of all of your chips because then you only have one way to win the pot, having the best hand. If you are the raiser then you give the other people a chance to fold.

I probaly would have laid the hand down in this spot because I dont like calling all my money AK. AK while a good hand is still a drawing hand because you need to hit an A or a K for it to be worth something. Also if your read on the small blind is correct then he could possibaly have you beat already. And it sounds like you still have enough chips to where if you went allin on the next round you could probaly hurt someones stack. So if you were to lay it down here you could probaly pick a better spot to move in latter.

How did the hand turn out???
Old 06-10-06, 02:18 PM
Bust

acorn: the intial raiser (aggressive big stack) had pocket 66. The small blind reraised him with a-k and i called with a-ks. An ace and a six hit on the flop so we got busted.
Old 06-20-06, 02:31 PM

BBP Points: 103

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I thought I would throw in my ante.

AKs is a great starting hand, but it is dominated by any pair. Given the description of the aggressive player, I would have considered calling his $800, just because he's probably full of it on most hands and I know AKs is a good hand. However, when the small blind re-raised, I would have folded instantly. I would have figured him to have a pocket pair or AK, and would have known that my hand would tie at best, and may already be dominated. If both players had been loose or gonzo the whole time, it would be tempting to stay in, but since the re-raise came from a tight player, I wouldn't risk it.

In general, if there's a raise and a re-raise to all my money pre-flop, I'm outta that hand unless I have rockets or AKs, like you had. But the tight player would have bet enough money to scare me away, and I would have lived to fight another day.

Of course, it's easy to say that now, eleven days after you originally posted, Fasteddy. Add to that the fact that I'm definitely not a poker pro, and then take this post for what you think it's worth to you.
Old 07-16-06, 04:32 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

i think that fold would be a good move there.. if i'm holding AK in late stage of any tourney and there are 2 raises on preflop (raise and reraise) i always fold. AKs is the 3rd starting hand in poker, but with 2 reraises, i'm 100% sure that i'm against one PP. reraise by tight player could mean everything - big PP, or AK (i wouldn't give him AQ or AJ) .. if i give him AK, you two have 4 outs to win that hand (and gutshot str8 and flush) .. and you are great underdog VS any PP.. i would move that hand only if i'm short-stacked.
Old 07-20-06, 04:16 AM
Bust

Interested situation, I been reraised SB bet, 2x for exemple , for seeing , what the 3rd (first) player , do maybe him fold , because want to collect the BB + SB , and who know, If 1 of them , go all in , I bee called , if booth , all in I folded , I think, becose , at least they may have win with 22, so then u need luck with AK

my opinion