Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > Poker Tournaments
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-06, 07:23 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174
Default Table/Hand Talk

I just have to say this because it happened tonight at our tourny. Unless I am mistaken it is illegal to dicuss hand strategy while you are at a table. Like the example we had tonight, if someone is down to the last couple chips and you want the player to call when hes all in and then check it down to the river to try to eliminate him, you cant talk about this in the chat box or aloud if you are playing live, this has to be a silent argeement between the players.

I have seen this at a lot of tourny and it really annonys me because its illegal but theres nothing you can really do.

On a related note it is illegal to talk about your hand while you are in the hand.

I though these things just needed to be said
Old 08-22-06, 04:46 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 22

I am going to bump this up, cause I am curious... is it against the rules? Or is it just bad etiquette?

What exactly are the rules when it comes to the discussion at the table? If I am holding the one card that makes my hand, can I look at him and say "I have the nuts on this one, dont call my all-in"?

I am still a newb, but it annoys me to no end when someone not even in the hand starts blabbing about the board, or who has what.
Old 08-22-06, 07:40 PM

BBP Points: 103

I don't have the definitive answer, here, but from what I understand, any discussion about strategy between two players would be considered collusion, and is generally frowned upon. It's tough to enforce in online poker because there's no pit boss immediately available, but in live games, I've seen pit bosses come down hard on players for any discussion of strategy or cards folded, even if both players are already out of the hand.
Old 08-22-06, 08:30 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

it was the late stage when three of us left, blinds 750/1500. it was me, thinker and ravenoff on the table. i was in bb, and thinker raised my blind from the button. i moved all-in, and thinker was in doubt to call that hand.. i wrote "low pp" in chatbox, and got a call. i think i would get a call anyway, but thinker was holding 105 (i think they were suited) and i had AA...

chat is made to make you feel like it is a real game.. (remember matt damon's talk in "rounders"... "KGB, i'll call you beacuse i'm sure that you don't have spades") .. if you're not sure about your hand, then fold it..

and about that rule, in multi-way pot, when short stack is allin to check it down.. i really hate that and i'm always against that, and i'll never check it down to the river unless i have nothing and don't want to bluff!! if i have something i always bet to kick the other stack(or stacks) from the pot, beacuse i don't want to be outhdrawn!

i'll check multi-way pot even if i have something only if two of us are against a SITOUT - and i really don't like to see sitouts winning!

Last edited by dovla : 08-22-06 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-22-06, 09:30 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovla View Post
and about that rule, in multi-way pot, when short stack is allin to check it down.. i really hate that and i'm always against that, and i'll never check it down to the river unless i have nothing and don't want to bluff!! if i have something i always bet to kick the other stack(or stacks) from the pot, beacuse i don't want to be outhdrawn!

I really hate when people try to bluff at a multi-way pot. I don't know how many times somebody bets into me when I have a decent drawing hand or decent hand to knock out the person who went all-in to find out they are bluffing after I folded. How can you bluff when someone is already all in? I can understand its a good move when there is a large side pot to be won even if you can't beat the all-in person. But why bluff if there isn't even a side pot yet? Your not going to win any extra money and you will probably end up losing to the guy who went all-in in the first place. Sometimes people just amaze me.

As for table talk, I have seen it multiple times when people say check it to the river. I don't think that should be alloud and it shouldn't even need to be done b/c most people know thats an unwritten rule.
Old 08-23-06, 10:59 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 31
Send a message via AIM to cemfredmd Send a message via Yahoo to cemfredmd

Have to agree on this, it may not be illegal but it is downright rude. Poker is not a game of colusion, but to be played as individuals trying to get each others chips. Telling/asking someone to check down to the river is a horrible way of playing. Play the hand out, bet to get someone else out, or check it down yourself and hope that no one else bets. Many times two or more people will check a hand down anyway, but talking about in chat/at the table seems, well, unseemingly.