Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > World Poker Tour
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-06, 07:47 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0
Default This weeks WPT - Texas Dolly

Ole' Doyle Brunson, what a remarkable man. I was one of the first to buy your first book...used to play with you and Sarge, Stu, Chip at the Dunes...now look at you.

I don't know how many entries this 'not so healthy' 72 year old had to fight through for (?) how many days but I was amazed that Texas Dolly made it to another (big) final table, just remarkable I thought.

With all of the fine tournament information out there now, the excellent online players and so many pros,from many Countries and there's Doyle!

Do I wish he would have won that thing? You bet. Lucky with the 8-10, fair enough play with the 33 (race) and I coulda cried when he called the 8 million with the A7 He snugs it up with 8 million, 3 handed and he's likeky to win it. Just to get there was really something, this man doesn't know the meaning of 'give up'.

Anyway, he just 'keeps on tickin', what a remarkable man he is and a class act for the poker world IMHO.

Some of us love and deeply admire you Doyle, thanks for all you've done for a game many of us also love very much and for the memories.

Your just amazing
Old 07-21-06, 10:13 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 10

doyle got a little bit lucky in his day , catching those runner,runner boats to pull off some kind of miracle. so champions by this example can make a bad play and still win the wsop
Old 08-04-06, 10:15 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

Everyone gets lucky, thats just poker. You make it sound like Doyle is a bad poker player. Hes like a poker god. You cant agrue with a man who is tied in the lead for most bracelets won in Poker. In super systems it talks about all the stuff he had to fight just to live which is just incredible. I dont mean to be rude to you Madmax just pointing stuff out.

-Drago

To the End!