Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > Poker Tournaments
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-06, 05:10 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen
Default 200k on Tilt 8 days ago

Well I had been trying to get in cheap for a long time, but last the last 200k (not yesterday but the week before) I was staked by a higher stakes player. He had seen me finish itm in a few tournys and make the offer to stake me in return for 50% of what I won. He's no complete stranger, I've talked with him before and what not. I came in 149th out of 900 something, 99 were paid.

I made a bluff and bet 2x the POT preflop and was called by 56hh and it straighted, but I got out of the way without much damage. Now I was in 18th and picked up AA in the sb. The girl with 56hh was in the bb now. It folded to us and I bet 2x the pot again, a setup bet. She called. Flop was 4c5s8c and I bet. She minraised, I pushed. She had Q7cc and turned her flush. Dominated preflop and racing on the flop, she took down a huge pot which put her somewhere around 4th. She finished 6th somehow, she was playing any 2 cards for quite some time and I guess was just hitting everything.
Old 04-17-06, 06:48 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 2

Yes but that it's pure luck...he finished good in that tourny but i think that was 1 in a bilion...comone..if you call every hand...even when blind are high i don't think you have chances.that it's not a way to play...
Old 04-17-06, 12:00 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

That sucks Agreen, but I can't blame her calling you with Q-7 clubs there. If my odds are correct her str8 draw and flush draw was actually favored on you. If not she was like 45/55 and since she may have tried to bluff you out and then being pot commited to call I don't blaim her. That being said it's very tough for you to lay down AA there so I don't blaim you...hell you had the best hand at the time. Good luck in the future with big tourneys like that. I'm playing in a 100k guarenteed in a few weeks. I hope I can pick up a grand or so.
Old 04-18-06, 11:44 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

Assuming no running set, she/he had 8 for the flush (I had the Ac) and 3 for the straight. She was no favorite, but it was a postflop race. I was more shocked at the preflop call, even if I suspect someone is bluffing I don't like calling with Q7. At least I've had a good run in $10/$20/$26 tournys lately, so I think I've recovered lol.
Old 04-18-06, 03:40 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGreen
Assuming no running set, she/he had 8 for the flush (I had the Ac) and 3 for the straight. She was no favorite, but it was a postflop race. I was more shocked at the preflop call, even if I suspect someone is bluffing I don't like calling with Q7. At least I've had a good run in $10/$20/$26 tournys lately, so I think I've recovered lol.

Any big exciting wins to share with us?
Old 04-19-06, 06:38 AM
Champion

Thats a tough one. What were your stack sizes? Without knowing, I'll just say this..

Either the villian had balls enough to gamble their tournament life on a draw..which is not my ideal way of playing in this particular hand, but those plays are the ones that put you deep into the tourney...And you have to either get lucky once in a while, which they did, or be ballsy enough to take the risk of losing.....and lose.
Old 04-19-06, 11:10 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

She/he had alot of luck.
I don't imagine someone to call a raise with those cards.
Players like this wont get to far in a tourny.