Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Blind Bet Poker League
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-06, 04:49 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 0
Default Sorry...but wanted to share something with you guys...

First off, I havent been on much since Tuesday. Our Power has been off and on and along with my cable internet doing the same, I have been at a hotel that only had bletooth in its lobby the last 2 nights...my one week of not having to travel much has been pretty crazy. the reason why this has been going on I will explain later...It involved Sunday nights Freeroll...LOL...anyway...

I first wanna appologize to BSgutshot. Me and him have had an all out war on here since I signed up last week. I felt he had sorta disrespected me when I signed up, and he felt like I wouldnt be around long. The other night, while I was actually able to get online and play in a few freerolls...I saw on here he had an AOL IM name. So I put it in and looked him up. I talked to him for quite awhile, the talked to him a little more later that night. I have alot of respect for him. He is a pretty cool guy. He seems to know alot about Poker and is not quite the arrogant jacka$$ I had once made him out to be. For this, I appologize. And to anyone else that takes my comments on here the wrong way...I appologize, but I just like to have fun and talk about my favorite hobby...POKER...

On the new League rules...I like them alot. I will be makng this Sunday's League buy in, and looing forward to it. should be alot of fun...

Now onto Sundays crazy night. I was doing pretty good, made final table, and felt pretty good. I then learned that we had a major storm on the way. I knew it was coming and knew i was really bad as Springfield IL (25 miles away) had been hit, and early reports of Tornado damage was bad. So I keep playing the tourny, and Start hearing Thunder outside and wind really picking up. Being the poker player I am...I was determined to finish before heading to my basement. After the first person was eliminated from the final table, I heard the Tornado Sirens go off...Again, I was determined to finish... well...I ended up 7th and immediatly closed my laptop and headed to the basement...I heard what people claim as "train sounding wind" and joined my girlfriend under the stairwell. Well... 4 minutes passed... and everything was quite...I emerged from my basement to see that my front picture window had a treelimb stuck through it. Started looking and was pretty amazed to find out that the limb was the only damage. I walked outside and was horrified... there are 4 houses that surround mine (weird set up on the street) 1 is completly destroyed...the one next to it looks untouched (maybe a few shingles here and there like my house) but the one next to it has no roof...I couldnt believe it.

Power came back on Monday night, and I played in the buy-in, had a really quick exit (couldnt catch a cold) and went to sleep. Woke up the next morning, and went to Work in Springfield on Tuesday...only to find out that the generator went out and we would be off until the next day. I grabbed a hotel... and spent the night playing in some tournys to pass the time. Went to work Wednesday through Friday...and decided at night to go to Jerome (village in Springfield ) and do what I could to help. I have finally made it home tonight...and since I hadnt had alot of time this week, I figured I could finally post this...

Weird week, but things are starting to get back to normal...

Ernie
Old 03-17-06, 05:14 PM
Champion

Wow - that's scary stuff Ernie. Glad to hear that you're doing ok. I love to play poker, but I don't know if I'd be able to play with a tornado in the area - that's both ballsy and crazy on your part - but I respect you for it.

I hope everything gets back to normal for you soon, and hopefully we can throw down a good tournament on Sunday night

UofTNick
Old 03-17-06, 06:50 PM
Champion

wow dude,, i'm sorry to hear about that.....actually i didnt even read your poost, but i read the 2nd post and it sounds like you've been thru some shiite......sorry dude. hope you can find your way back to Kansas. I love you brother , hope all is welll,.......Good luck and god speed.
Old 03-18-06, 07:18 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 42

I first want to say that I am impressed with your character. To apologize on the forum is a sign of a man with character. I don't see this too often.

As for your story Sunday night, wow. I have never lived somewhere with tornados, and can't imagine what that is like. I live in Washington where we deal with earthquakes, but they don't happen too often.

I hope everything works out for you and your neighbors.
Old 03-18-06, 09:59 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

Hey man Im gald your doing ok. Im from just outside chicago so I have been though acouple of tornados but nothing like that. And also you might want to think about letting the poker go a little sooner next time.
Old 03-18-06, 10:56 AM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

Wow that really sucks, dude.

Sorry about giving you such a hard tie, but you must realize we had 40 new posters last Sunday and I think only 2 or 3 have actually posted this week. I'm glad that you did stick around, however.

I hope everything is gonna be fine with your house and stuff. You played during a tornado? lol. That's dedication.
Old 03-18-06, 12:45 PM
Short Stack

anyone willing to play through a tornado either needs a weeks reprieve from posting and automatic entry into the weekend tourny ....or automatic entry into an outpatient gamblers anonymous rehab center....
Old 03-18-06, 01:21 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

I'm really sorry for what happened to you.
You really must love playing poker to stand in front of a tornado.
Old 03-18-06, 03:01 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden1009
anyone willing to play through a tornado either needs a weeks reprieve from posting and automatic entry into the weekend tourny ....or automatic entry into an outpatient gamblers anonymous rehab center....
Maybe both. lol.
Old 03-18-06, 07:19 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden1009

hayden just been strucked by a lightning.

« Scoring | Gl all »