Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Blind Bet Poker League
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Closed Thread

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-06, 07:27 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 42
Default Another Proposal

I am a little behind in the conversation but I also had another idea to the freeroll vs. buy-in numbers. Another site gives people coupons for placing in their freerolls. The money is not given out, instead you have to play in another buy-in in order to win any money.

Another way to look at this is seeing the freeroll as a satelite to the buy-in. You can participate in the buy-in using one of two methods. You can pay the buy-in price or you can place at the freeroll.

With $100 that is a lot of coupons. I guess you could also add buy-in plus some cash. So, if you took 15th you would get a buy-in coupon at .30 maybe.

It is just a thought and may promote more people to play in the buy-in.
Old 03-13-06, 07:28 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

You could have just posted this in the other thread, but good suggestion.
Old 03-13-06, 07:30 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by doflovespoker
I am a little behind in the conversation but I also had another idea to the freeroll vs. buy-in numbers. Another site gives people coupons for placing in their freerolls. The money is not given out, instead you have to play in another buy-in in order to win any money.

Another way to look at this is seeing the freeroll as a satelite to the buy-in. You can participate in the buy-in using one of two methods. You can pay the buy-in price or you can place at the freeroll.

With $100 that is a lot of coupons. I guess you could also add buy-in plus some cash. So, if you took 15th you would get a buy-in coupon at .30 maybe.

It is just a thought and may promote more people to play in the buy-in.

What is that? We play the league on Titan not on poker.com so we canno't ask for coupons or other privilegies.

PS: Don't know if i spell privilegies correct. sorry
Old 03-13-06, 07:31 PM
Short Stack

Thank you.

The reason I didn't post in the other thread was to keep the two proposals separate. I don't want to get confused as I read to figure out which proposal people are talking about. I am going to post in the other thread that there is another proposal to consider so people know that it has been proposed.
Old 03-13-06, 07:34 PM
Short Stack

I just played in a freeroll at Titan and I won a spot in that forum's next buy-in so I know something is possible. Who knows? You never know for sure until you ask.
Old 03-13-06, 07:35 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 0

Yea i think it makes sense to post in a new thread since the other one is getting a tad long. Especially with gutshot and ernie going at it.

There definitely seems to be some options out there that should help prevent the leaking of passwords in future events.
Old 03-13-06, 07:40 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doflovespoker
I just played in a freeroll at Titan and I won a spot in that forum's next buy-in so I know something is possible. Who knows? You never know for sure until you ask.

I play almost all the freerolls on Titan and never heard something like this.
But who really knows. We can ask if it's possible.
Old 03-13-06, 07:51 PM
Short Stack

IOPL changed its format for freerolls because there were so many people just coming for the p/w and not participating in the forum. The freeroll I participated in won me a seat at their game on Wednesday.

The negative was that the freeroll ended once they got to 10 players. I don't know whose decision that was.

Either way, if more forums asked for a different way to work with their members/participants of freerolls, Titan may work to see this happen.
Old 03-13-06, 08:49 PM
Bubble

i get that alot at poker.com and poker host,sin but not sure about titan i think i have got a ticket there berfore also, but i play so much it's hard to remember where....
Old 03-13-06, 08:59 PM
Bubble

How about we just do away with the points for the tourny's not add any more people since it has already started and just keep the first line up in there and then we will know the pass is not being leaked, being that when the first tourny kicked off we didn't have all these problems that we are having, it's the new people that are messing it up,,, keep the original line up for the rest of the tourny's and those passwords will only go to the original??????
Closed Thread