Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Bad Beats?
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-06, 02:33 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0
Default Terrible feeling beat

Wow... im still hurting because this just happened about 10 minutes ago and I just have to write about it because I'm so pist off. Okay well I was in a huge buyin tournament. $5000 prize pool up for grabs. The tournament started with about 300 people and it was all the way down to 37. I was in 15th at the time with a pretty decent stack. I get dealt 77 and just call the blind. it gets folded up to the big bling and he checks. the flop comes out as 642. The big blind decides to go all in. I know i had him. I just had a strong feeling that at most he had a 6. I call. He flips over AQ offsuit. Im so happy waiting for my double up and thinking about winning the tournament. Then the turn comes bringing a dreaded queen to give him top pair. There was no help on the river and I got knocked out just missing the money. I dont know why that put me on such bad tilt but it did and I'm trying to stay away from the tables for a little while. I'm probably just playing the freeroll tonight and thats it. No more multi table buyins for me. Its too crushing when you make it that far for nothing.
Old 03-12-06, 03:05 PM
Short Stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takethepot25
Wow... im still hurting because this just happened about 10 minutes ago and I just have to write about it because I'm so pist off. Okay well I was in a huge buyin tournament. $5000 prize pool up for grabs. The tournament started with about 300 people and it was all the way down to 37. I was in 15th at the time with a pretty decent stack. I get dealt 77 and just call the blind. it gets folded up to the big bling and he checks. the flop comes out as 642. The big blind decides to go all in. I know i had him. I just had a strong feeling that at most he had a 6. I call. He flips over AQ offsuit. Im so happy waiting for my double up and thinking about winning the tournament. Then the turn comes bringing a dreaded queen to give him top pair. There was no help on the river and I got knocked out just missing the money. I dont know why that put me on such bad tilt but it did and I'm trying to stay away from the tables for a little while. I'm probably just playing the freeroll tonight and thats it. No more multi table buyins for me. Its too crushing when you make it that far for nothing.

That is pretty bad....I dont quite know why you would go all in with AQ...thats just a bad drawout...Sorry bud
Old 03-12-06, 04:08 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

Dont beat yourself up to much because you made the right decison and thats all that you could do. And if you just keep calling with the best hand evenutally youll win.
Old 03-12-06, 04:35 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

Quote:
Your overpair after the flop gets beat by AQ? Sound familiar?? What goes around comes around .

-ad
Old 03-12-06, 05:34 PM
Bust

Quote:
Man that seems like my complete poker tournament history wrapped up in one story........
Old 03-12-06, 09:57 PM
Bubble

ouch. it happens man! but truth be told, everyone has gotten lucky against someone else before. you probably screwed a few people over before too. sometimes i think that the winner of these tourneys is just who can hold their luckt he longest =0
Old 03-17-06, 10:21 AM
Short Stack

wow not sure I would have went all in with 7's I think I would have made a large value bet to see where I was in the hand. even though you had 7's they are a low middle pair and you were only slightly better then a coin flip fav at that point....but since its a coin flip you take your chances.
Old 03-17-06, 10:54 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

I'm thinking that after the flop the Bad Guy had 6 outs with two cards to come. So that gives him about 25% odds of winning the hand (2x6/45). He played extremely aggressive and just got lucky. Better luck on the next one.
Old 03-18-06, 11:04 AM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

That sucks. I don't know why feel that they need to play so agressively when their big hand like A-Q doesn't hit. I guess they feel that they should have won, but just didn't catch the cards on the flop so the pot is theirs? I think it's a subconcious thing, like protecting your blinds.

Either way both are very stupid.
Old 03-19-06, 02:16 PM
Bubble

when you get beat , you gotta stand back up, mark the player, and direct all the anger towards him in a ring table.