Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > No Limit Texas Hold'em
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-06, 10:59 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258
Default Fish Play

I was playing on the $0.25/$0.50 NLHE DreamPoker. One guy named Judge32 was being cocky and overbetting hands to win the pots. He was in early position with about $100 and bet $2 and got one caller. The Flop came out A-Q-8 rainbow and he bet $50. The opponent paused and went All-in with his $90. Judge32 called and showed Q3o, while the other guy showed QQ. Needless to say the Turn and River were blanks and Judge got SPANKED.
The other guy could even had Aces, but some fish are just waiting to get fried.

He went on to lose his last $10, then re-loaded with $50. I could never catch good cards that session, but it was entertaining to watch. Have you guys seen any other terrible plays for big bucks like this one?

Iceberg
Old 03-10-06, 11:34 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0

I have Iceberg but as I write on another thread I have lost over $100 twice. Why? Thanks to idiots like that.

Once a guy went all in ($30 pre flop) who had been doing things like that all night. I have AK and figured I was a big fav. I called. He had 2-5 off. He ends up catching a duce to win!

How fun.

These people stink but to be honest I think it is somewhat common online. B and M play is far better, even by the fish.
Old 03-11-06, 09:48 AM
Bubble

Wow that sounds a lot like me, except i dont get busted as much.
Old 03-11-06, 10:24 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg
I was playing on the $0.25/$0.50 NLHE DreamPoker. One guy named Judge32 was being cocky and overbetting hands to win the pots. He was in early position with about $100 and bet $2 and got one caller. The Flop came out A-Q-8 rainbow and he bet $50. The opponent paused and went All-in with his $90. Judge32 called and showed Q3o, while the other guy showed QQ. Needless to say the Turn and River were blanks and Judge got SPANKED.

He went on to lose his last $10, then re-loaded with $50. I could never catch good cards that session, but it was entertaining to watch. Have you guys seen any other terrible plays for big bucks like this one?

Iceberg

Wow. Thats quite a bet with middle pair crappy kicker. Too bad you couldn't catch any cards to take some cash off him. I don't play in many rings games, but when I do there always seems to be someoen like that. As spresso says it can be a double edged sword when they win hands with 2-5, but you got to figure in the long run you will take em out.
Old 03-11-06, 01:04 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg

Iceberg
This often happens playing online. It's really a joke. If you're playing at a full table like that, you should know that someone is most likely going to have you out-kicked or has an ace. Really a dumb play in general.

Unfortunately, online poker is full of these clowns who like to bet a lot with noithing. I don't know what their mentality is. Do they just want to lose their money? Do they think they can get lucky and catch BS? Do they really think they are playing well?(god, I hope not).
Old 03-11-06, 02:28 PM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSgutshot
This often happens playing online. It's really a joke. If you're playing at a full table like that, you should know that someone is most likely going to have you out-kicked or has an ace. Really a dumb play in general.

Unfortunately, online poker is full of these clowns who like to bet a lot with noithing. I don't know what their mentality is. Do they just want to lose their money? Do they think they can get lucky and catch BS? Do they really think they are playing well?(god, I hope not).

They could be on tilt cause someone else did the same thing to them, and are trying to catch some lucky cards.
Old 03-11-06, 03:52 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattuo
They could be on tilt cause someone else did the same thing to them, and are trying to catch some lucky cards.
That's not an excuse for bad play. Going on tilt is for the weak minded. Seriously, I have really never gone on tilt. I have made bad decsions, but I have never lost my temper as to where I have played erradically.

IMO it's just stupid to lose your cool over a game, even if it is for real money.
Old 03-12-06, 02:07 AM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSgutshot
That's not an excuse for bad play. Going on tilt is for the weak minded. Seriously, I have really never gone on tilt. I have made bad decsions, but I have never lost my temper as to where I have played erradically.

IMO it's just stupid to lose your cool over a game, even if it is for real money.

haha I know its not an excuse for bad play its a reason for it

some people have more money then brains
Old 03-12-06, 03:03 AM
Short Stack

I have an even bettter fish story....this fool was trying to steal everyhand and when we caught on to what he was doing we busted him twice and he reloaded 20 bucks 3 times and I finally asked why he was playing so reckless and he stated he hated his parents and they had money and he occasionally went into different ppker rooms and spent all his fathers money on a site....
his coming from a dysfunctional family was a real boom for me. Sad for him and his family unit....I guess my 3 yr old will never get my passwords...lol.
Old 03-19-06, 04:50 PM
Banned

go watch 5/10 and 10/20 limit short hand at any site and i think i can guarentee you will see some fishy play.