Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Other Poker Games
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-06, 05:11 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0
Default Razz

Anyone ever gamble with this game.? We paly a differant version caled lo-ho..wher a23 is the best three card hand...it's a good game
Old 03-06-06, 12:15 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

Yeah i've played a razz a few times i like it. Its good to have to have a change every once in awhile and its a unique game.

-ad
Old 03-06-06, 01:31 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

I like to switch over to Razz every once an a while. Its a nice mix up plus Im not that bad at it. I found that most people who play are really loose so you should just play tighter and not really play any cards over 8 unless then board is really high.
Old 03-08-06, 03:42 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

I've played Razz a few times. It's pretty difficult to play backwards. It takes a little while to get used to so you can get reads correctly and what-not. It's a good game for improving your reads on other players.
Old 03-09-06, 05:43 PM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

I've played razz, but I am not so good at it. I would have to take a month or so to improve my game on it which I just may do. I'm probably going to learn it enough to try a nice large tourney in it. See how it goes you know. Maybe other sites can adopt the game.
Old 03-10-06, 05:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

Here's a real simple bit of strategy for Razz. Best hand is A,2,3,4,5. If in your first three cards dealt you don't have at least a couple of these, fold. If you have A 3 5 but you see a lot of 2s and 4s - the cards you need - in the hands of the other players, fold. Bottom line - don't draw to anything that you don't think has a real chance of winning (i.e., a good low) and if you find the cards you need to make your low are showing up in the hands of your opponents, fold.

I hope that makes some sense. The main aspect of any stud game is that you really have to pay attention to what cards your opponents have up, and if they're the cards you need, you know they're not coming your way, so no sense in putting in more money. Same thing if you're working on a low that starts with a 3, and someone else is showing A 2 - you're beat, move on.

That all said, you will find that most people playing Razz these days have NO CLUE what they're doing, and aren't using even this little bit of strategy. So there is some good money to be made.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 03-10-06, 05:20 PM
Chip Leader

Another thing that most players do is chase alot of draws in the game so if you follow the guidelines that Texas laid out you are going to be draw out a number of times because most people see razz as a game of luck and like to chase alot. Like a guy has 345KK with two cards to come and you have 7 low and the guy catches the miracal 2 and then 6 to beat you (this has happened to me before). You can go on tilt and then start chasing cards like him because thats when your bankroll goes way. You just have to keep your cool and wait for your cards.
Old 03-12-06, 03:22 PM
Banned

I would like to play razz except its really not all that common a game and the people i play with never want to play razz so i guess its sorta out of the question.
Old 03-12-06, 03:27 PM
Chip Leader

If you play online I know that Fulltilt has Razz but thats the only site that has it, I think
Old 04-29-06, 07:31 PM
Bubble

Interesting. What do you guys think of the HORE tourny at the WSOP that will obviously feature RAZZ?