Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Professional Poker Players
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-06, 11:18 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

I don't like poser superstars, that show is a joke. It's basically who gets the best cards with the way the blinds go up on it. I just don't like that the show is structured in a way that reading players and making good players aren't a big part of the tournament.
Old 04-09-06, 11:59 AM
Bubble

it was hard to tell who was better at the wsop - hachem or dannenman lol. i found them both to be slightly under par considering the player field. but poker is a lot luck and lord knows i'd rather have that than have ae little more skill
Old 07-23-06, 09:30 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 37
Send a message via MSN to matt9363

This guy is no fluke, he has been playing pro for over 10 years but only recently has he ventured overseas.

The timing of this thread is pretty impressive seeing as he is racking up some impressive finishes at the WSOP. Joe finished runner up to Dutch Boyd in Event #5 $2,500 No-Limit HoldEm Shorthanded, and cashed again in Event #18 $2,000 Pot-Limit HoldEm

Impressive results for someone who clearly has no idea
Old 07-24-06, 10:51 AM
Bust

I agree that Chris Moneymaker is a fluke, I mean what has this guy WON since the WSOP.

With Joe Hachem I don't think he's a fluke, he has good placing this year in a few touraments and I believe he came close to winning another bracelot and missed out by coming 2nd, Ouch

Greg Raymar is certainly not a fluke! When this guy sits are your table he will mostly likely throw you of your game with his glasses, spooky!
Old 08-06-06, 06:56 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

not sure about those two.. i watched joe hachem many times on TV - and i'm not agreeing that he is a fluke..

but i'm 100% sure that Chris MoneyMaker is a fluke.. he just got lucky.. (2.5$ mill lucky).. i watched an interview during EPT tour with him.. he had 40$ on his bankroll when he entered that satellite for WSOP - he admit that he has been very lucky to pass throught main event, and rest is history .. i think that WSOP was his first live played game! you must have luck to win any tournament online (the question is what would happen if some idiot moved and crashed his pocket aces with 22 in that satelitte.. - i think his bankroll would be 0$ and he would be still playing 0.02/0.04 nl games)

but i would be really pleased if whole world calls me a fluke with my 2.5 mill on my bankroll he is an inspiration for all of us online flukes to try to improve and to hope that we would have a piece of that huge luck on our side!
Old 08-07-06, 05:16 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 10

you got a point there, but dont u wish online poker wasnt such a hackshow. meaning people call ur monster with a gutshot and river you for all its worth. i like online poker but the way some people play drive me nuts. by the way you are correct moneymaker is a complete fluke because what has he won since the wsop. not much, lol he couldnt even stay out of the basement on poker superstars2 so what does that tell you
Old 08-07-06, 08:10 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

there are really good online poker players.. i really like BBP forum because i think the all guys who are active here are really good players, and i think the BBP league is one of the best online tourneys and closest one to a live good events!

i think winning a mtq to mtq then MTQ to main sattelite and then a seat to WSOP or any other main event online - or not to be so complicated.. winning of any tourney with 100+ people online can't be done with big percent of luck!
everybody is telling that the ratio is 95% skill - 5% luck.. i think that ratio is much bigger online - i think 60%-40%.. you can get into money occasionally with your skill but for WINNING any tourney online you will need fortune!

there are too many losers - and you can find losers on every level of play- doesn't matter if it is a freeroll or 100$ freezeout!
people moving all stack (and winning) with gutshots, flush draws, JQ under the gun you will find everywhere, and since online poker started to be so popular that tendency will increase.. chris moneymaker.. heh - that's the dream, transfering last 40$ from bankroll to 2.5 million.. i didn't watched that satellite to wsop.. maybe he played it brilliantly! but, i repeat, what would happen if someone made his gutshot move crashing his AA set on flop ? or maybe chris made gutshot with his all stack? i believe he cought some flush on river! to do what he did, you need to have all luck on the world, that's all! can we calling him a fluke ? i think the every player who wins online big event must be a "little" fluke to do it

and to be back on point.. joe hachem isn't a fluke - he did well in this wsop as i saw..
Old 09-19-06, 12:06 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 20

Hachem was no fluke. He always loses with the goods you can't say he's not one of the best in the game right now. People suckout on him badly and it's not a joke. He deserves more respect than what you guys are giving him.
Old 09-23-06, 01:54 AM
Bust

Default Hachem Made a Run

Listen anyone who wins the WSOP in this poker era is going to need a little luck. The question was it a fluke? I don't quite get that. Sure luck was involved but you have to outwit people for weeks and hours of poker to win the Big One. Oh and by the way He CASHED in the 2006 WSOP as well, and oh by the way he got knocked out when his pocket rockets got outdrew by 2 Jacks. Ouch, oh by the way if he wins that hand (who knows) Plus let's face it Chan will probably be the last back to backer. Makes Harringtons 2003, 2004 fun pretty impressive huh? Anyway give Joe his due respect, he's won 7 million more than I have playing poker. Even if he never wins a tournament again, he still has the MAIN EVENT bracelet.

P.S. One last thing I remembered, he made the final table at a 2006 WSOP event this year. Wow!
Old 09-23-06, 02:29 AM
Bust

Thumbs up

heloo alll ....... I am a new player and I like very much here......