Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Online Poker Rooms
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-07, 11:07 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 17
Default Bad night of poker?

Everybody is going to have a bad night. If you feel it's rigged, you should walk away. Otherwise, with hands as you've described, you're going to need patience. I probably shouldn't be giving poker lessons. However, I do see your side. When I first played poker online, it was on Pokerstars, and I wasn't very good. But one of the first times I played, I took the 50 dollar deposit up to over one thousand. I remember back to that night, knowing that I wasn't playing well and wondering how it happened. I will heed your advice and avoid Pokerstars.
Old 08-05-07, 02:20 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconshmaken View Post
PokerStars Game #9096602308: Tournament #46232981, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2007/03/26 - 09:25:59 (ET)
Table '46232981 17' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: J0HN NASH (3300 in chips) (BB)
Seat 2: (3820 in chips)
Seat 3: (7795 in chips)
Seat 4: baconshmaken (me) (4695 in chips)
Seat 5: (3670 in chips)
Seat 7: (8170 in chips)
Seat 8: (4145 in chips)
Seat 9: (2195 in chips)
Lourdelinho: posts small blind 100
J0HN NASH: posts big blind 200

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to baconshmaken [Kd Kc]
Dealt to J0HN NASH [Ac Qs]

Steinme1: folds
wesayni: folds
baconshmaken: calls 200
tonedaddy: calls 200
bredaboy019: folds
cuLky: folds
Lourdelinho: folds

J0HN NASH: raises 600 to 800

baconshmaken: calls 600
tonedaddy: calls 600

*** FLOP *** [6d Js 6s]

J0HN NASH: bets 2500 and is all-in
baconshmaken: calls 2500
tonedaddy: folds

*** TURN *** [6d Js 6s] [5s]

*** RIVER *** [6d Js 6s 5s] [8s]

*** SHOW DOWN ***

J0HN NASH: shows [Ac Qs] (a flush, Queen high)
baconshmaken: shows [Kd Kc] (two pair, Kings and Sixes)

J0HN NASH said: "sorry"

J0HN NASH collected 7500 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot 7500 | Rake 0
Board [6d Js 6s 5s 8s]

Seat 1: J0HN NASH (big blind) showed [Ac Qs] and won (7500) with a flush, Queen high

Seat 2: Steinme1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: wesayni folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 4: baconshmaken showed [Kd Kc] and lost with two pair, Kings and Sixes

Keep in mind that bad beats do happen - just post multiple hand histories that show simultaneous bad beat after bad beat. Just once isn't enough to really emphasize this point that pokerstars is suspicious.
Old 08-20-07, 06:25 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 10
Default Poker Stars Rigged

Lol, guys, Pokerstars is the biggest poker room at this point, offcouse its not rigged, if anything was brought up, people would leave, you guys are parnoid
Old 08-28-07, 04:34 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 30
Default pokerstars

I am just gonna stick to full tilt then. I like it much better anyway. bad luck or rigged im not gonna risk it
Old 08-28-07, 05:12 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peders3n View Post
Lol, guys, Pokerstars is the biggest poker room at this point, offcouse its not rigged, if anything was brought up, people would leave, you guys are parnoid

You're pretty naive. The problem with people nowadays is that they'll trust any large company or business just because of its advertised reputation. The best thing you can do to protect yourself is to be cautious and skeptical of everyone; treat big corporations as though it were just some stranger walking up to you and offering you a business deal. They're going to tell you whatever you need to hear to be convinced. 100% customer satisfaction? Largest online poker room? Sounds great, but honestly it's all just hogwash.

Read my previous post and you'll see that I suspect PokerStars uses bots in their games to simulate real players (and also to collect much more money). So they claim to have the biggest playerbase.. where's the proof and how can we as consumers trust that their proof is legitimate? We can't. It would be very simple for them to incorporate bots into their game and at the same time very, very difficult for anyone to prove it. By using bots, they increase the revenue they collect by a ridiculous amount. What's to stop a company like this from doing that? Absolutely nothing. Depending on where the company is located, national laws probably have no restrictions on things like this. And considering the amount of money involved, they'd have no reason not to cheat people out of their hard-earned dollars. Hop into any room or any tournament in PokerStars and you'll see one or two people with some very strange playing habits, like calling really big bets preflop with dogshit hands and getting runner runner to win the hand, or folding when you finally get aces when they've been playing aggressively the entire time.

What we as consumers really need to ensure legitimacy in online play is a third-party with access to critical information, like the IP addresses of registered players to ensure that they are all unique (if PokerStars is using bots as I've suggested, we would see a lot of very similar IPs), or that the algorithm used to generate the random cards and the actual cards generated match up consistently, or that certain players who may be paid employees of said poker site aren't able to see what cards other players have and will come out on the board. Obviously, there are some privacy issues here, but I'm not suggesting that this stuff be made public. We just need a third-party to look at all of this data from the poker rooms and verify the legitimacy of it. As it is, there really isn't any way that we as the consumer can truly trust that these poker sites are legitimate and it is absolutely foolish for any of you to just accept that they are. Honestly, I can't believe that there hasn't been more pressure from the consumer to ensure that these sites are legitimate. I love playing poker, but it's hard to get a live game together, so online poker is a great solution; an unfair playing field defeats the purpose.

For me, until poker sites start proving their legitimacy beyond any shadow of a doubt, I'll never play poker for money in anything but a brick-and-mortar room. That way, I can be much more certain that the playing field is level and, if someone's caught cheating, they get their fucking ass beat and money taken.
Old 09-03-07, 09:55 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 4
Default Sue

Hello
Anyone with minimum intelligence knows that pokerstars is rigged
Or :
-never play on pokerstars
-blind
-is within riverstars organisation...to steal your money

So i decided to make an action in court and sue them

anyone who wants to help is welcome
Old 09-03-07, 10:00 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 4
Default sue

and don t think it s impossible

it is really possible

it is just gonna take time, and we are not sure to win

but there are much more chances to win a sue against pokerstars, than win money playing with pokerstars
Old 09-03-07, 10:38 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 48
Smile I Call it the Pokerstars Boomerang Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp8bg View Post
So here's a story...

One other thing - have you noticed that after one has received a "bad beat" on a tourney or S&G and if the next hand he goes all-in it's default win for him no matter the cards of his opponents.

We have noticed that the guy with the more money is favored a lot by the system, when calling all-ins with crap hands vs strong hands from players with short stack. So we tried something...

I registered for a tourney 1$ with near 2500 ppl and started playing damn loose looosee aggressive. Blinds 30 I reraise x8 times with any hand, ANY HAND. I began to receive many flop straights and had killed AA, QQ with them, so after 30min I had eliminated 7 ppl an was 3rd in the toruney. I keep my play until the hour and I won every 3rd hand beleive me or not every 3rd hand was mine with 2 pair at least. After the break I was chip leader, after the second break too. Then I was near 50k chips when I played vs a guy with 20k. On the flop we raised-reraised and when he went all-in I called I was 88% favourite, on the turn 94% and the river saved him... hmm this was so strange, I was so sure I would win, strange, may be I would have stacked too much (2.5 above the 2nd in tourney). Then the next hand I had to test the theory about the bad beat - all-in next hand. I went all in with 57, 2 ppl called (1 with AQ and other AA). I get the BACKDOOR TRIPS - turn 7 river 7 WOW!

WOW - YES !!!! I found what I was looking for! Someone else who has noticed the same pattern of rigged play on pokerstars. I have been playing on pokerstars for over 3 years (not a newbie) as well as UltimateBet, Fulltilt and Party. Pokerstars has card play that has raised my suspicions like none of the other sites. I even coined a name for one of the most remarkably suspicious patterns. I call it the Boomerang Effect. (only available on pokerstars - not in real life and not on other pokersites). What I noticed was that in a SNG whenever a big stack got sucked out by a smallstack - IF he went all-in the next hand -He won. I have even used this strategy to make a comeback in SNG's. The other night I was chipleader and had top two pair after the flop - guy calls my all-in with a flush draw - of course he makes his flush - but I knew that the next hand was mine. I got a 5/7 offsuit. All-in I go - sadly only the one caller -and it's the flush draw winner of the previous hand - he shows AA - lol - I laugh becuse i know whats coming. Sure enough - 5/7 (twopair on the flop) which held.

I noticed this pattern over a long period of time and not just with my play but with with the play of others as well.

It is often said that there are only two sure things in life - death and taxes. But thanks to the programming at pokerstars I think it is safe to add a third. Death, taxes and the pokerstars boomerang effect.

Two more quick points to defend against those who would say that such criticism of pokerstars only comes from losers who have lost money.

1. Sharkscope me and you will see that i'm not a disgruntled loser - just a disgruntled gambler that hates a rigged game.
2. I don't spend a lot of time on forums - in fact this is the only forum for which I have bothered to register - but i felt stongly enough that it was worth my time to report it here. And that once people look for this pattern and see it for themselves they will have all the proof that is needed.
Old 09-05-07, 03:26 PM
Bust

Default Rigged no doubt

Most of what everyone said here, I have seen the exact thing happen to others play when I was playing tourneys. I play PartyPoker for about a year and decide to check PS since they have alot of players and tourney. And to my account after about 1 week of playing there, it's enough to raise my suspicison to a height I wouldn't think possible, there is more bad beats I have seen at PS in 4 days than 2 month of playing at PartyPoker. I don't want to bother with all the details, if you want to see it first hand, be my guest and play at PS. Don't say I didn't warn. It's Surreal.
Old 09-05-07, 03:44 PM
Bust

Also strange enough the money game, it seem to be a normal Poker game like how Poker should with the right odd of High hand vs worse hand. Take that what you will.

« Bringbet Freeroll | - »