Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Online Poker Rooms
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-07, 04:19 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 9
Default Poker Stars is manipulating

I joined Poker Stars in November. I am a reasonably good, conservative player. I played the one table 3$ progressive table and took my initial $50 investment to $280 in 2.5 months.

Then the cards began to change dramatically on all in showdowns for me. In the last four weeks I have dropped straight down from $280 to $180, and nothing has changed but the odds defying outcomes of showdowns where the pre-flop odds were all in my favor. I started keeping track about 2.5 weeks ago on all-ins when I knew that something was going on. The odds defying results are 11 against me and 1 for me as follows (remember these were all in's pre-flop:

11 LOSSES:
kk to 44 (4)
AsKs to k4 (kk4)
a6 to kq (k)
kk to tt (jq98)
ak to a5 (5)
jj to at (a)
(all in after flop) 8j (8j) to 97 (turn river = 56) that one was beyond funny
(all in after flop) qj (q high flop) to ad8 (two diamonds turn & river to save him)
aQ to kq (k)
AJ (tka8) to Q3 (j)
A6 to 85 (8)

1 WIN:
A4 to QQ (AA4) (I guess giving me one big improbable was supposed to make me feel better about the other 11, right?

The Poker Starssite is a joke. They must be leveling out good players to ensure that bad players get some victories and hang around their site.
Old 02-24-07, 04:35 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 4
Default pokerstars

I have compiled some pretty amazing statistics over my play at PS (I use PokerTracker). They are really amazing - out of the last 30 times I was involved in All-in, when the odds were approximately 50/50, I lost every single time. My winrate statistic is fully 20 percent lower on Stars than on other sites. Well, at least they are consistent - when they decide to screw you, they don't give up. I finally withdrew what is left of my money and will never play there again. Pokerstars is most definitely rigged.
Old 04-06-07, 12:34 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlarson View Post
I joined Poker Stars in November. I am a reasonably good, conservative player. I played the one table 3$ progressive table and took my initial $50 investment to $280 in 2.5 months.

Then the cards began to change dramatically on all in showdowns for me. In the last four weeks I have dropped straight down from $280 to $180, and nothing has changed but the odds defying outcomes of showdowns where the pre-flop odds were all in my favor. I started keeping track about 2.5 weeks ago on all-ins when I knew that something was going on. The odds defying results are 11 against me and 1 for me as follows (remember these were all in's pre-flop:

11 LOSSES:
kk to 44 (4)
AsKs to k4 (kk4)
a6 to kq (k)
kk to tt (jq98)
ak to a5 (5)
jj to at (a)
(all in after flop) qj (q high flop) to ad8 (two diamonds turn & river to save him)
aQ to kq (k)
AJ (tka8) to Q3 (j)
A6 to 85 (8)

1 WIN:
A4 to QQ (AA4) (I guess giving me one big improbable was supposed to make me feel better about the other 11, right?

The Poker Starssite is a joke. They must be leveling out good players to ensure that bad players get some victories and hang around their site.

I really don't want it to be true, because I really like pokerstars, but man, I've played a couple thousand tourneys there in the last 2 years and it has not been pretty.

Let's put it this way, I play low limit single table 3 dollar or 6 dollar SNG's and the occasional 12 dollar SNG.

I went from a 100 dollar buyin to zero in about a month. Fine, ok, I'm learning the system and dodging the Donks.

I buyin again for 100, it lasts a month and a half. Great. I can live with that, it's fun, right?

I buyin for 75. I've got it. I've learned to be tight/aggressive, how to read players online, and most importantly, how to play pokerstars crazy flops and suckouts. I made it to *almost* 300 bucks in six months.

Then everything changed. I could not win a tourney if my Mother's life depended on it. In fact, the people that used to play alongside me (on UltimateBet) began calling me "4th place". No matter what I did, or how premium my cards were or how far into first I was when we were 4 up, I ALWAYS got taken out in 4th place. Usually by 2 or 3 consecutive, ridiculous beats. Flopping a set, betting aggressively preflop after spending the entire tourney establishing tight, non chasing play, and I'd get called by someone with a middling hand and they'd suckout, or flop some ridiculous chase cards that they could not lay down to any bet.

This went on for about a month and I went from 29x.xx dollars to ZERO. Insane.

I didn't change my play, I didn't do ANYTHING differently, I just could NOT place in the money in more than 1 out of every 10 or so tourneys when I was placing 4 of every five tourneys.

So, I cash in for 50 more recently and again, it was good for a month, then straight down. Now I'm back to about 50 and I think I want to cash out because there is no way for me to win, no matter how good the cards are for me.

So, where to play? That's the 100 dollar question for me. How's Full Tilt?

EDIT: BTW, I play once a week in a private tourney on pokerstars.com and the cards fall COMPLETELY differently. Very normal, very predictable poker. There are some suckouts, but that's poker, but you can reasonably calculate your odds with the hand you play.
Old 06-21-07, 12:10 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlarson View Post

11 LOSSES:
kk to 44 (4)
AsKs to k4 (kk4)
a6 to kq (k)
kk to tt (jq98)
ak to a5 (5)
jj to at (a)
aQ to kq (k)
AJ (tka8) to Q3 (j)
A6 to 85 (8)

1 WIN:

And look at the stats of the people that are sucking out like that. I guarantee that 90% of them have less than 300 tourney games under their belt (at least that's what I play and check). It's the newbs that have a huge weighted advantage. And it DOES help to stop playing at PS for a week or so.
Old 11-27-07, 12:55 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 49
Default i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstarssucker View Post
hi Brandon...I have to agree with everything you said. I have been playing on pokerstars for alittle over a year and a half now. I have played on their website with the playmoney and I find it amazing enough that you can win a million or two million play money chips without a problem at all....However when you go play the real money tables....its not the same at all...I have shelled out over 40 thousand on that stupid website and only to get back 2 thousand...yes thats right....I have spent well over 40 grand to cash out a little over 2 thousand...so bottom line Im down 38 plus....Im not a donkey and Im not a bad loser by anymeans....But I cant tell you how many times I have sat at a table and been beaten to pocket aces...pocket kings....its just mind boggling....One night...I was playing 50-100 on that site.....(real money) I was dealt back to back pocket queens.......the next hand was pocket tens.......the very next hand after that pocket Kings.....then I got bullets right after that.....and to top it off....I got dealt pocket tens twice after that.....so there is 7 hands IN A ROW....decent pocket pairs....and I LOST on everyone of them!!! and it wasnt like I had 10's and high cards come on the flop...everytime and I mean EVERYTIME....the river is what killed me....How can anyone have luck that BAD is beyond me....and these idiots keep calling you right to the river.........I have seen everything and I do mean EVERYTHING on that site....I think its definately rigged....I have spent thousands of hours on that website and I just got rid of it on my computer.....I will never ever play there again...And for all those people that say....POKERSTARS is not rigged.....well they must be the ones that are in on it....I understand its common to lose or better yet go on a losing streak....but my god....this just does not add up.....something very fishy there.....like you said.....when you play the play money hands on their site.....you ALWAYS (well the majority of the time) win with decent hands.....but on the real money games......you get fucked on the river EVERYTIME!!! either that or someone catches a flush or heres a good one....a BIGGER full house on the river when you flopped a full house....I could tell you lots of things that I have seen and watched.....but I dont want to bore you to death. To all the people out there.....POKERSTARS>>>>WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY>>> DONT KID YOURSELF>....Thats what they do....If your a regualar on the site....and you read this....be honest with yourself...are you ahead? or are you down? if your honest.....you will be down...........I dont know anyone that has come ahead...the ones that say they come ahead.....THEY ARE LYING!!!!

lets take them to court i experienced the same thing lets get together than we can take em down
Old 03-19-07, 07:41 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 249
Angry I Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlan View Post
Pokerstars can change the outcome of any game. They can factor a winning and lossing % to each name that signs on. If you have complained in the past you will very rarely win. If you do win a hand by chance, you will probably wind up splitting the pot. I have sat at 38 different 10/20 NL tables the other night and each table I sat down I alway got a 3 or 4 drop on my closed card. The odds are highly impossible to drop 27 3's and 24 duces and all other under cards were under 6. for a total of 38 hands.
So last night I tried again with 100k starting and my losing % after 50 games was 96% FIXED, Rigged or whatever you want to call it.Please do not play with real monies you will definetly lose in the end. programs can be tamper with.

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAS FIGURED IT OUT FOR THE SCAM POKERSTARS IS REALLY RUNNING ON INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!!
Old 04-11-07, 04:41 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 9
Default re: quit complaining

The problem with thread posts is one can never know anothers motivations. Freelance money perhaps? Try this for an experiment-search your local employment site for copywriters and see how many unidentified companys are looking for internet poker blog writers. Obviously I'm speaking of our "never question" P.S. ace in the hole Stu. If your not afflilated Stu, you sure get riled up and studiously answer all as a general public defender of these unregulated companies.
I"ll refrain from the specifics as to why I believe you wont find an honest game on the net, you all have common sense and see the same patterns as I, but I will say many of these companies are in public relations overdrive, desperately trying to quell rumors of misconduct. Does a pro endorsement lend credibity to a comapany? Are they as poker players, honest as say a doctor? Or would they be closer to a boxer or politician. When you read blogs, pro in nature, do you notice who sponsers the website? When it's con is it usually only one guy such as our man Stu telling us were all idiots in so many words?
Can if prove the software is corrupt? No. Do I trust those who say programs such as poker tracker should put this issue to bed? No. Can I make money at my local brick and motar when I spot a chasing fish? Yes. Do I feel more comfortable in being dealt a fair hand? You bet.
Old 04-13-07, 07:47 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 249
Default the truth shall send stuey to bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick and mortar guy View Post
The problem with thread posts is one can never know anothers motivations. Freelance money perhaps? Try this for an experiment-search your local employment site for copywriters and see how many unidentified companys are looking for internet poker blog writers. Obviously I'm speaking of our "never question" P.S. ace in the hole Stu. If your not afflilated Stu, you sure get riled up and studiously answer all as a general public defender of these unregulated companies.
I"ll refrain from the specifics as to why I believe you wont find an honest game on the net, you all have common sense and see the same patterns as I, but I will say many of these companies are in public relations overdrive, desperately trying to quell rumors of misconduct. Does a pro endorsement lend credibity to a comapany? Are they as poker players, honest as say a doctor? Or would they be closer to a boxer or politician. When you read blogs, pro in nature, do you notice who sponsers the website? When it's con is it usually only one guy such as our man Stu telling us were all idiots in so many words?
Can if prove the software is corrupt? No. Do I trust those who say programs such as poker tracker should put this issue to bed? No. Can I make money at my local brick and motar when I spot a chasing fish? Yes. Do I feel more comfortable in being dealt a fair hand? You bet.

WELL SAID SIR! BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER, POKERSTARS FOLLOWS THE COSTARICAN LAWS!!! NEVER FORGET THAT, THE LAW IS THE LAW!!! COSTARICAN LAW IS PROBABLY THE MOST RESPECTED LAW IN THE WORLD!!
Old 04-27-07, 12:15 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 14
Default the site is rigged, there's not a doubt in my mind

i've probably played as many tourny's and sng's over the last 2 or 3 as is humanly possible for someone with a 9-5 job, and the majority have come on stars. Before Party got shut down, i was up about 20k in about 5 months, not bad for a kid right out of college. Anyway, since i've converted to stars, ive lost 30k over the last 2yrs, and i am never playing there again. Last night was the final straw.

$5 rebuy with 2400 people to start, 20k guaranteed with I think roughly $5k going to the winner, and top 460 getting paid out. Well it's down to about 550, and I am 6k over the avg of 20,000 chips when I suddenly get moved to another table.

My 2nd hand I am in the cutoff and pop it 3xbb with AKofhearts. Button smoothe calls, and BB goes all in (he was short stacked, and only had 6k left). I at this point wanted to isolate him and get the button out, so i re raised his all in to 14k (half of the button's remaining stack), and he smoothe calls.

At this point I think I am at best a 50/50 with the button, and could care less about the BB...so the flop hits hard for me. nothing higher than 9 (3,4, and 9) with all hearts (flopped the nut flush). I decided to bet as if to make it seem like I really didn't have the hearts. I also wanted to see if he hit a set or something and I could at least make him earn his boat. I got what I wanted as he pushes all in over the top of me. I insta-call and he has.....46os, no heart. So he has middle pair on a all heart board, and he called half his stack pre-flop with 6 high when someone went all in and than someone else went over that....

Anyway, I start laughing until the turn, when he hits his 3rd 4. I instanly knew what was coming, and sure enough the river 6 knocked me out. It was a 56k pot which would've put me in the top 10 at the time, and allowed me to coast into the money. I wondered why he called pre flop, and than I realized why. He knew. There's no other logical explanation. And I am done. F U Stars.
Old 04-28-07, 09:08 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 271

It happens to me aswel but I still comeback and win money on stars. Your just mad because you got a bad beat. Lets see some Hand Histories.

« Bringbet Freeroll | - »