Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Poker Tips/Strategies
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Closed Thread

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-06, 02:50 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default The River!!!

I want to see a little poll of who loves and who hates the rivre. Me personally I would love it if the river was done away with all together, lol. I also want to here horror stories and the worst river beats that you have seen, given, and best (and in my case its most often) gotten.

I'm going to give you my most recent 3 out of 4 hands, (this was a real money sit and go on an unnamed site) i flopped a set, top two pair and then another set.

all three times i went all in. all three times i got a caller who had ABSOLUTELY nothing. all three times they had 2 clubs(yes it was clubs ALL three times.) inthier hand and only 1 count that 1 on board. and all 3 times they (believe it or not) got runner runner clubs to beat me.

I broke several inanmate objects that i deemed responsible for my luck if you have seen worse than this let me know!!!!

good luck topping that 1.
Old 03-05-06, 02:52 PM
Bust

Default :(

I dont like river....
Old 03-05-06, 03:59 PM
Bust

I either hate or love the river. Sometimes it saves my ass when I make a really dumb move...which is cool. But other times it saves someone elses ass and then it makes me mad. I guess thats why they say live and die by the river.
Old 03-05-06, 04:50 PM
Bust

Default Down The River

I HATE THE RIVER!!!!! lol....Ive invented a game called no river! its great because im unbeatable! wanna play?
Old 03-05-06, 05:18 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 20

first of all-you must be one of those all-iners that get caught alot, gotta be carefull of your bets cause the one that goes all-in is usually the loser in most parts that i notice as i have caught several that way play your cards and not your chip stack and you wont have that big of a problem anymore!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-06, 06:27 PM
Short Stack

Breaking inanimate objects? Even if this is an exaggeration, it looks like you could benefit from improving your ability to accept beats. You wan't people to bet like that when you're a strong favorite, but strong favorite does not mean sure winner, and in any given short-term situation, variance can easily see you losing three out of four times as a strong favorite.
Old 03-06-06, 12:48 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

Why would you hate the river? I hate the card that comes on the river sometimes, but other times I also get that BS river card to help me out. Anyone who says they hate the river needs to rethink it. It's a part of the game and without it we wouldn't be playing poker.
Old 04-02-06, 04:31 PM
Bubble

A lot of people say they'd rather do without the river and honestly it just makes them sound stupid. The river is a part of the game and just because you lose on the last card you hate it. If the turn was the last card you'd start hating to lose on that too. Wouldn't you like to get rid of that then ?
Closed Thread

« 7 stud | Stalling on the Bubble? »