Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Freeroll Tournament
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-06, 12:40 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 42
Default New Requirements - a few questions

I just typed this same information up but didn't see it pop up so I am sending it again.

First of all, I am in support of the new requirements. I understand having those loyal to the site get a chance to play. I am only bummed that the participation before 2/27 is not factored in. While I have been reading the comments to those who have replied in posts I started or replied in I have not been out searching for the new requirements for this Sunday's freeroll. So, today I come to the site and find I need 50 points. Oh well.

I do have some questions about the requirements

1 - Do they affect the buy-in that follows the freeroll?

2 - Do the points accumulate or do you start at zero each week?

GL to those that play today. Who knows, I may see you there.
Old 03-05-06, 12:51 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 0

A few more posts and you should be there too.

The points (site pts needed to enter freeroll) reset after the freeroll. You do not need to earn any points to enter the buy-in event. Anyone is free to enter that event.

Hope to see you there tonight. We also need to get 20 people qualified or no one will be playing in a freeroll tonight.
Old 03-05-06, 01:07 PM
Short Stack

Thanks for the information.

So if I do a little math here that means most people will be expected to post about 15-20 times each week in order to get the 50 points. That certainly will limit who will get to play. Will Titan continue to support the FR with the low numbers or will they be willing to support us because of the buy-in.
Old 03-05-06, 01:16 PM
Champion

This is a question that I'm sure is better answered by BBP Guru.

But my guess is they want to only allow people that are going to contribute to the forum into the freeroll. 15-20 posts in a week is not very hard. My guess is they also want to let people in that will also participate in the buy-in event and not just a bunch of people who cant speak english and make a few posts searching for passwords before they go to another forum and do the same thing.

That being said it looks like we are going to have close to 20 for the freeroll. So hopefully we will be able to play tonight b/c if we don't hit 20 I believe it will be cancelled again...
Old 03-05-06, 01:27 PM
Short Stack

well I have been out of town and come to play in my sunday nite game of which I missed last week to only find out my previous posts are now worthless, I have to have 50 points starting fresh as someone who just joined today....sorry fellas but I think that is wrong and unfair....you only need look at what happened when pokerhost tried that ...they lost players in huge amounts....no 20 to 30 posts may not seem like alot but sometimes I can sit and post all day and other times I cant post one all week, but that certaintly doesnt make me any less a valued member of this forum. So week to week I can be persona non grata...
Old 03-05-06, 01:35 PM
Bubble

Send a message via Yahoo to johnsabo4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden1009
well I have been out of town and come to play in my sunday nite game of which I missed last week to only find out my previous posts are now worthless, I have to have 50 points starting fresh as someone who just joined today....sorry fellas but I think that is wrong and unfair....you only need look at what happened when pokerhost tried that ...they lost players in huge amounts....no 20 to 30 posts may not seem like alot but sometimes I can sit and post all day and other times I cant post one all week, but that certaintly doesnt make me any less a valued member of this forum. So week to week I can be persona non grata...

I like the rule, and I think most others do. However, I do hear you, but the points reset every week, and the reason for the point system is pretty obvious.
Old 03-05-06, 01:38 PM
Short Stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden1009
.....I have to have 50 points starting fresh as someone who just joined today....sorry fellas but I think that is wrong and unfair....but that certaintly doesnt make me any less a valued member of this forum. So week to week I can be persona non grata...

I think this is the hard part for me, that my contribution in the past is not valued on the site.

In all fairness though, until I start my own forum and understand the complexities involved with people, technology, and poker sites, I can't really complain. I am just glad someone is doing it.
Old 03-05-06, 01:48 PM
Short Stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsabo4
I like the rule, and I think most others do. However, I do hear you, but the points reset every week, and the reason for the point system is pretty obvious.

I understand they reset every week....however BBP isnt the first forum to try this method and wont be the last but I have yet to see one that not only made it work but made the forum grow ...it works in reverse....I am all for being loyal and I think I post as much as I can ....when I have something to say. But having said that there are way too many forums that requier nothing and way too many freerolls out there for people to jump through hoops.....I am sure there are better ways to attract a loyal following. Also I would assume this forum is like most others they are here to try and make a profit through its members playing buyins and downlaoding sites and depositing through the banners in the forum. But I think when people realize they can play a 100 dollar freeroll at the acme forum up the street with 3 posts a week or even no posts they are going to play up the street and it may not happen right away but eventually the poker sites start asking the afilliates why they have not been bringing in fresh blood and new money
and I think this is going to be the reason..

I am not upset but rather a realist who hates to see this forum have issues later. We all know dozens of forums that are no longer here or were here for a few tournys and then gone and I know several of the administrators and they sang the same death knell....no members signing through them ...no deposits and that lead to no freerolls from the sites. I can name several other forums that are literally huge with thousands and thousands of members and I can play any freeroll anytime I want and some I have never ever posted ....but they are running a volume business. So I guess before I ramble too much further and my 11 month old on my lap decides to get down
maybe we are looking at a small forum that has no intention of ever making a buck for the owners and if that is the case then I apologize and will endeavor to make my 50 points on the weeks I know I can play.
Old 03-05-06, 01:52 PM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru

I dont see what's too hard about getting 50 points in a week's time..now that if someone found this rule on the day of the freeroll..well too bad....try getting into the next freeroll...the rule of posting was set well before the league freerolls. Last week's freeroll was the only one where everyone was allowed to participate. Moreover, all other freerolls we had in the past required posting to qualify in them.
Old 03-05-06, 01:57 PM
Short Stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBP Guru
I dont see what's too hard about getting 50 points in a week's time..now that if someone found this rule on the day of the freeroll..well too bad....try getting into the next freeroll...the rule of posting was set well before the league freerolls. Last week's freeroll was the only one where everyone was allowed to participate. Moreover, all other freerolls we had in the past required posting to qualify in them.

well I will continue to be a member of this forum as I enjoy this place however I will play elsewhere. I think initially you were have your small loyal following that enjoys the smaller tournys and who wouldnt but eventually
it will be the undoing of this very nice forum and that is unfortunate.