Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Poker Tips/Strategies
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-06, 08:52 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default experience

I entered a 2500player freeroll, I was chip leader the whole waythrough, until there were 30 players left. I had 80k chips at the time, 2nd place in tourny and at table. Well i was dealt AJs, so I raised enough to scare all but the chip leader. I then hit a pair of jacks while the 2 other cards on the table were 3-7, so I went all in!! to my surprise he calls and shows his cards, A-K.
I thought this was mine for sure, until on the river he hit the ace, wish really was quite nerveracking.

What I want to know is I should have went all in? what I think is that he should have folded seeing that he had A-K without hiting anything yet. But maybe I was wrong and shouldn't have raised at all... ? well any tips will be appreciated.
Old 03-05-06, 10:02 AM
Bubble

Send a message via Yahoo to johnsabo4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by angleskid
I entered a 2500player freeroll, I was chip leader the whole waythrough, until there were 30 players left. I had 80k chips at the time, 2nd place in tourny and at table. Well i was dealt AJs, so I raised enough to scare all but the chip leader. I then hit a pair of jacks while the 2 other cards on the table were 3-7, so I went all in!! to my surprise he calls and shows his cards, A-K.
I thought this was mine for sure, until on the river he hit the ace, wish really was quite nerveracking.

What I want to know is I should have went all in? what I think is that he should have folded seeing that he had A-K without hiting anything yet. But maybe I was wrong and shouldn't have raised at all... ? well any tips will be appreciated.

Hi,well first of all if you had AJ and he had AK and you hit a J on the flop and an ace came on the river, you would have AAJJ two pair ond would have won, so review your posts. But in any event. I wouldnt have went all in i would have bet 2/3 the pot too scare him away an allin suggests that your bluffing, and trying to steal it. I find that all final tables or abouts, you have to play looser obviously and not too aggressive because people are more willing to call at the end, because they are already in the money.
Old 03-05-06, 01:23 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 42

I think I get too greedy in situations like this. I probably would have made a bet but never all-in. There many other hands to play to give yourself a chance to take more chips.

What is interesting is the other guy made a call when you went "all in" and benefitted from that. Hopefully you learn from this and he doesn't. You'll get him next time.

P.S.
By your description it sounds like you would have won.
Old 03-05-06, 01:26 PM
Champion

AAJJ usually beats AA king kicker....
Old 03-05-06, 01:29 PM
Bubble

Send a message via Yahoo to johnsabo4
Thumbs up

LoL, im glad i wasnt the only one who noticed that
Old 03-05-06, 06:54 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

Hell I can't tell what happened, he was 2nd in chips and at a table? Top two vs. TPTK?
Old 03-05-06, 06:56 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

If this hand were real I'd say you raise AJs everytime and fire hard on the flop, just watch out for that river two pair it's a killer.
Old 03-05-06, 06:58 PM
Short Stack

TPTK is a very nice hand, but it's not the nuts. If your holding is ahead, a normal bet will usually lead to a fold anyway, so pushing will seldom gain more than a normal bet would, but carries significantly more risk. The problem with going all in against the chip leader is that he can bust you. So why do it when the risk-return ratio (compared to making a normal bet) isn't really in your favor?
Old 03-06-06, 12:51 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

If you had top pair top kicker, I would be all in almost every time. The only thing that can beat you there is over pocket pair, which could be possible, but not likely. I'd like to know the blinds and how much you raised preflop. That would help.

« Cheats in SNG & Ring Games | river »