Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > No Limit Texas Hold'em
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-06, 01:02 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Deep Stack Tourneys

I just played my first Deep Stack tournament at Poker Stars. You start with 5000 in chips and the blinds go up every half hour. It's the closest I've come to a real life tourney on the internet. I loved it. Anybody else play these and if so what other site offers them.
Old 03-02-06, 01:18 PM
Champion

I just don't have the time to invest in a deep stack tourney. I'm sure they are good and allow you actually play the game a little before people start getting knocked out. I might fare well in them too, its a shame I can't do these ever.
Old 03-02-06, 03:06 PM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

I also don't have that amount of time. I imagine with quite a few people or even not those tourneys could take a while. I just don't have all day to play poker. I usually get about 2 hours a night to play and like a couple hours over the weekend at night. I also wouldn't want to play that long unless it was for big money. Then it would feel like a real nice tourney and I would love to do it.
Old 03-02-06, 04:27 PM
Bust

Yea, the time element (about 8 hours if you make it to the final table) is a drag and it's what holds me up from playing in them exclusively. I've heard mention of the Harrington books and a few others here and as far as internet play, those books apply much more to deep stack type ts than ones where the blinds go up so quickly. For me it's a rare opportunity to play real poker on internet Ts and not get into the free for alls that most internet tourneys turn into with the rapid blind increases.

Any sites other than Poker Stars that feature them?
Old 03-03-06, 09:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

Full Tilt has recently started running what they call "Double Stacks" which is their normal tourney structure (as far as blinds, etc. go) but you start with 3K instead of 1500. I haven't played one yet, but it certainly sounds like a good idea - you get the same benefits of having such a large amount of BB to play with, but without having to commit yourself to playing all day long.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 04-02-06, 03:52 PM
Bubble

Personally unless I'm playing for really big bucks I wouldnt play a tourney with stacks like that. It's going to take way to much time to play. Unless your playing for a couple thousand in the prize pool I wouldn't play it.
Old 06-15-06, 12:42 PM
Bubble

Time factor aside, the deep stacks are much better for the tighter players. The longer levels and the bigger stacks allow for mistakes to be recovered against bad hits early. It still amazes me on these that half the field is still knocked out before the breaks. The looser players kill themselves off faster in these as well (in my experience with them) because they do not adjust for the longer play and get bored.

For those that cannot free the time you do need to stay far away from these. Some of the longer ones I have been in have taken 12-14 hours.