Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Bad Beats?
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-06, 06:47 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0
Default I Quit Titan F'ing Poker.

Pocket 2s vs Pocket Ks

Flop-(I'm all-in, he calls)
2 2 K

Turn
2 2 K A-irrelavant

RIVER! (TOOK MY ALL IN FOR $250)
2 2 K A K

WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS!

BANKROLL=$0
Old 03-01-06, 07:11 PM
Champion

ouch. Thats a really tough beat. Of course he flopped a boat so he had to call, but you had him just were you wanted him.

I guess your going to pass on my offer to play some heads up at Titan. Hopefully you can forgive Titan by Sunday to play in the freeroll. Then hopefully you'll win some cash so you have money for the buy-in. Don't want to miss out on those key BBP league pts.
Old 03-01-06, 07:25 PM
Champion

Wow - that's pretty rough Scott. Obviously you can't blame him for calling, seeing as he had the 2nd best possible hand - the cards just didn't go in your favour. That happens - it just sucks that it happened to occur when you had your entire bankroll in the pot.

I'm sure you can start off with some money in a BBP tourney, and then slowly build it back up again though. I personally have never deposited at Titan, and have only ever played private tournaments (mostly freerolls, but a couple buy-in too) and I have accumulated $100 so far.

A couple cashes in freerolls and you can pay some buy-ins to some GP tourneys, or some more heads up Limit holdem.

You just have to do your best to forget that hand, and move on - as difficult as that may be.
Old 03-02-06, 05:33 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

Ouch, that's a Bad Beat and a half. I feel your pain. Take a little time off and chill for a bit. Bad Beats like that can put you on TILT pdq. Make some posts and come join us on the Sunday night Freeroll.

Iceberg
Old 03-02-06, 05:56 PM
Bubble

wow ok im done with the cool down. going to start up again with table scraps, ill be at the freeroll on sunday? is it? if i meet this 50 points thing lol
Old 03-02-06, 08:16 PM
Bust

Topper...
I lost 600 in one hand of limit holdem.

BB I have 77, I cal one raise heads up. Flop... 77K. Capped on the flop, J on the turn, Capped. K on the river 2 bets the guy is all-in. He shows the KK and I promptly withdrew from the site and will never deposit there again. I might have over reacted, good thing my cat wasn't near me, it might have gotten punted.
Old 03-02-06, 08:48 PM
Bust

On bodog, I am playing $1-$2 no limit with about $150 and get delt poket 3's and I get raised to $5. I called and the flop comes 3-3-7. The other guy goes all in and I call. He turns over pocket aces and gets runner runner aces for quads. I have heard of online poker rooms "fairness policy". Because, they want you to play as many hands as possiable before busting out, if you have been getting a lot of money, they will pretty much "set you up" for a fall to someone who has been loosing. As anyone else heard of this?
Old 03-03-06, 09:56 AM
Bust

Oh my god!These BB i've read are incredible.I can't belive it.I never had such a BB but i,ve seen one in ring games cause there i play very often.One player had pocket 9's.FLOP : 9 9 J.so he had 4 of a kind so he bets about 100$.The other player calls.TURN : 8.All-in both of them so the pot was about 500$.RIVER : A.The player that called had 10 and Q of spades.Surprisingly 8 9 and J were spades also.That's the way to go bankrupt.Truushot and sijiwu89 I recomend to fold when u see K on the table.Just kiddin.
Old 03-03-06, 11:54 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

You played pocket 2s and were a 4:1 dog preflop, that was just an ugly way to lose. Saying you're quitting because 22 doesn't beat KK is stupid. Look at the odds of you winning that preflop. You had the best hand when the money went in but do you even realize how amazingly lucky you were to catch both 2s? IMO I wouldn't get so upset in a HUGE DRAWOUT-HUGE REDRAW pot, you should lose this almost every time.
Old 03-05-06, 01:32 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

Titan is known for the bad beats .
That's why i stopped to play ring tables there.